• Registration opens: 10:00 am (EST) on Thursday, September 6, 2018
• Rooms at the Hyatt at the discounted rate until: October 19, 2018 (link to room discounts is on the registration page)
• Conference registration closes: 10:00 am (EST) on Friday, November 2, 2018
How do I register?
1. Go to https://www.wpa.scbwi.org
2. Toward bottom of page, click on 2018 Western PA SCBWI Fall Conference under Events OR click on Events in the purple box on the right, and choose 2018 Western PA SCBWI Fall Conference under the Event listing at the bottom of the page.
3. Make sure your information is correct or fill in your general information if you are not yet a member.
4. Choose Saturday Conference.
5. Make all four of your workshop choices.
6. If you want to attend the Friday evening Intensives, make your faculty choice.
7. If you want to purchase a drink voucher, click this option.
8. Enter a coupon code if you have one. If you don’t have a coupon code, leave this box blank.
9. Click the Continue button to verify your information and workshop choices. This opens an additional confirmation screen on top of the Registration page.
10. Confirm your information, and click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen (depending on the size of your screen, you may need to scroll down to see this button) to enter your payment information through PayPal. PayPal is the only payment option; no checks, credit cards or cash can be accepted.
IF YOU’RE HAVING REGISTRATION PROBLEMS, YOU MUST CONFIRM YOU’VE TRIED THESE SOLUTIONS WHEN YOU ASK FOR HELP:
• Make sure you’ve scrolled to the bottom.
• Reload the page.
• Close your browser and reopen it.
• Try a different browser.
• Try a different computer or mobile device.
Please note: All seats are first come-first served, and your seat at this conference will not be confirmed until conference tuition is finalized through PayPal. If you don’t make your payment when you register, please know that the system considers that spot available, and anyone after you who makes a payment can claim it.
Can I change my workshop choices?
No. Individual workshop spaces are limited to 50 per room per hotel fire code. Please be sure which workshops you want to register for before you choose.
Can I cancel my conference registration?
Yes, but depending when you do, you may not get a full refund. Please visit our Refund and Cancellation Policy page for more detailed information.
Sign-up for critiques with PAL (Published and Listed) members will be after the end of the conference on Saturday starting at 4:45 pm. Your choice of PAL member(s) and payment will both be made at this time, cash or check only. PAL members will set their own guidelines, deadlines, delivery, and how many critiques they will take. Critiques are limited.
DURING THE CONFERENCE
What’s the dress code?
Anything goes, but most people dress in business casual.
Should I give faculty members a copy of my manuscript/dummy/portfolio?
No. The time to share your manuscript is during the Friday intensive or through an official submission process after the close of the conference. This is SCBWI policy and will be strictly enforced. Please be professional and courteous to the faculty.
How do I give feedback about the conference?
We welcome your input. Please fill out the conference feedback questionnaire included in your conference folder and turn it in at the end of the conference.
AFTER THE CONFERENCE
How do I submit manuscripts or artwork to the faculty after the conference?
You will be given submission instructions for each faculty member in your conference folder. These instructions are for conference attendees only. Do not share this information with others who have not attended the conference.
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
You will receive an automated message confirming your registration. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
If you need more information, please use these emails:
For registration problems: firstname.lastname@example.org (Nora)
For general conference questions: email@example.com (Marcy) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Elizabeth)
If you’re an SCBWI member and want to check that your registration is correct:
Log in to the SCBWI page
Click on the “My Home” button on the top right
Click on the “Event History” link on the left
Click the “View Registration Confirmation” link beside the fall conference listing